• Information and our efforts on Coronavirus (COVID-19) •
There is an abundance of information circulating about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and what different entities are doing to prepare. Rest assured, L.A. CADA is taking every precaution to minimize exposure risk and prepare for whatever may lie ahead, in accordance with CDC guidelines and the recommendations of local public health agencies; L.A. CADA is taking every effort to avoid inciting unnecessary panic or anxiety among our clients and families, but will take every measure to protect them – along with our employees – during this evolving situation. On March 10th, L.A. CADA updated its Respiratory Virus Protocol to include specific instruction for the coronavirus. We have taken the following actions:
- Instituted a revised screening process for admissions that includes questions about recent fevers, travel overseas, and family members’ risks to reduce the possibility of introduction of the virus into the treatment environment. Anyone deemed a possible risk to our clients or staff will not be allowed on site.
- Developed specific health and safety protocols for anyone presenting with flu-like symptoms, including emergency quarantine protocol.
Instructed patients and staff to stay home if they are sick and seek appropriate medical care.
- Implemented mandatory training for every employee on handwashing and hand sanitization, and strict employee and client compliance with washing/sanitizing hands thoroughly and often.
- Dispersed COVID-19 prevention information and instructed staff to stay home if they are sick pursuant to CDC recommendations.
- Increased sanitization of equipment and areas.
- L.A. CADA is looking into the use of telephone and video conferencing instead of face-to-face meetings as a potential option during this outbreak. We will provide an update if this becomes a viable option.
- Instituted screenings for flu-like symptoms for every visitor at each location.
- Communicated the above to employees and clients.
This is an emerging and rapidly evolving situation. L.A. CADA has implemented practices pursuant to CDC guidelines for minimizing risk, and is closely monitoring the situation within our sites. Our clients’ safety is our top priority and we will continue to assess this situation and provide updates.
Should you have any questions, please contact our corporate office at (562) 777-7500